Please Note

You will only need a short-term study visa if you are a non-EU student.

LEAP students from the EU will not be required to apply for a study visa.

If you are a non-EU student and believe you may not be required to apply for a study visa, please use this website to check whether you need a UK visa:

Key Information

As a LEAP student from outside the European Union (EU), you will need a short-term study visa. You can apply for this here.

Once you have applied online, you will have a visa appointment, requiring:

- Letter of Invitation (LOI) from the University of Manchester

- MSF Employment letter/LOI template: you should have received this from the university of Manchester.

- Passport details

- Insurance certificate (please contact your OC L&D adviser for this)

- Provisional flight schedule (please ask your HRCo/ L&D adviser to assist you with this).

You should only book your flights once you have successfully received a visa. You can find the dates and duration of your visit to the UK in the invitation letter sent to you by the University of Manchester.

You can apply for the visa before you have all the documentation, you just need to have it in time for your appointment so please don’t delay.

HCRI Visa team

Please contact the HCRI visa team for any queries you might have:, +44 161 275 5000. Follow instructions for 'Student Services'.

You can also find out more information on the HCRI visa website.


If you need any details regarding proof of employment or insurance, please contact your OC directly from the OC email address list below:

OCP enquiries: