New pilot pathway
NB: Only candidates from OCA, OCB and OCP can apply for standalone modules through this pathway at the moment. If you are from OCG and you would like to study individual modules, please apply as normal through your OC. For OCBA candidates, standalone modules will become available for application later in the year.
The standalone modules pathway is a new pathway of the LEAP programme which will be piloted for the 2020/2021 academic year. This pathway has been specifically made for candidates interested in studying only 1-2 online modules relevant to their current or next role. After completion of 1-2 modules via this pathway, there will also be the possibility to continue to one of the longer pathways. To do this you must apply to the programme via your OC's regular application process. Past performance from the modules you have already studied will be taken into account when you apply.
This pathway could be particularly relevant for candidates who:
- Are interested in only studying 1 or 2 modules which are relevant to their current or next MSF role.
- Those who are considering applying for the full programme but would like to try one or two courses before committing to a longer pathway.
Unlike the longer pathways, applications for the standalone modules pathway will be processed and administered directly by the LEAP London programme team. Your OC, however, will still be consulted throughout the process in order to gain approval for your participation on your course(s).
In order to apply, the key academic criteria you must meet is as follows:
- 2:1 undergraduate degree or international equivalent (if you do not have an academic degree your application will still be considered if you can demonstrate relevant prior experience and skills in the humanitarian sector).
- Minimum level of C1 English.
Applications will stay open throughout the academic year, however there are specific deadlines which vary depending on the module you are applying for. Please view the module list, for further information on all the modules available for application and their deadlines.
Under this new pathway only online modules will be available for students to study. For the first semester (September to December) of the 2020/2021 academic year, this will also include two of the core blended modules which, though usually offered online with a two-week face-to-face, will be fully online for the first term. You can find a list of all the modules available via the following link:
Please note, the list of modules are not definitive and may be updated as and when new modules become available. For further information on all of the modules available through the LEAP programme, please visit the external LEAP website.
How to apply?
To apply for a standalone module, please provide:
- Completed LEAP application google form (Gmail users). / Completed LEAP application google form (non-gmail users)
- Up-to-date CV.
- 500 words - cover letter outlining your reasons for applying for your chosen course and it's relevance to your current or next role.
- Results of a free online English test (minimum C1).
Note for non-Gmail users: You will have to send an email with your documents (CV and EF Set test results) to LEAP@London.msf.org.