Applications for the September 2021 and January 2022 intakes are now open.
Deadline date: 21/02/2021
Who is it for?
LEAP is an MSF movement wide project and each OC will have its own recruitment process.
At OCP we think future leaders can be anywhere in the organisation today, so we see the LEAP as needing to be as inclusive as possible. This means that:
If you speak and write English to a good level (more details below) and have certain abilities to produce written work
If you have an upper second class Bachelor's degree (2:1) or international equivalent OR significant professional experience in the humanitarian sector (even without any degree)
If you're flexible towards your missions/job and mobile
The LEAP is open to you regardless of your position, whether you are national, international and headquarters’ staff, or whether you are medical or non-medical!
What are the conditions for those working for OCP?
A key principle of LEAP is to offer higher education to those who have fewer opportunities to access it. Therefore, OCP has decided to offer it's sponsored-applicants to be under contract for the entire period of your Master's path, securing a continuous income even during the period of studies, as well as to cover other costs associated with the Master's degree (visas, flight tickets to Manchester/Liverpool, accommodation in the UK etc.).
How will we prioritise applicants?
It's a selection based on people's potential and motivation reflected in their application and assessed by a selection committee made of representatives of several HQ departments. There will be a limited number of places each year.
For candidates interested in studying specific individual modules, please visit the standalone modules webpage for further information.
How to apply?
There will be an annual selection committee for the two semesters, so if you are interested in applying for the September 2021 or January 2022 semesters, the deadline is the 21 of February.
The selection process includes two steps, one through MSF OCP and one through the Universities. Following successful selection by OCP, candidates will be guaranteed funding for the programme and will need to apply to the university directly – with whom we work closely to make sure people we select fit the Universities’ entry criteria.
You can apply by responding directly to the google form below. Please note that you will need to provide some documents:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A short video where you explain how the LEAP relates to your career plan and how it could influence your work. The video (filmed with a smartphone, webcam or camera) should be no longer than 3 minutes.
- A 500 words discussion note presenting a specific situation you have encountered and that, according to you, could benefit from a wider reflection. Please identify one or several key questions in relation to that issue and justify why you think it’s important.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree, a scan of your diploma;
- If you do not hold a Bachelor’s degree, two work certificates (ensure at least one of them if from MSF).
- Results of an officially recognized English test showing a minimum C1 level (please consult this document – available on the LEAP website – for more information regarding English requirements).
Note: If you have never taken such a test, or if your results are not satisfactory to the above requirements, you can submit the results of an online EF test for the first step of the selection process (free of charge). Please do the 50 min one, the others will not be accepted.
- A copy/scan of your valid passport (if you have one).